Friday, May 11, 2007

I Got the Job!!

At 4pm yesterday, I was eating an early dinner at Baja Fresh (two fish tacos), getting myself ready for my yoga class. My phone buzzed. It was KW from NWRESD, calling to see if I was still interested in a position with them. She wanted to put in a "Reccommendation for Hire" to HR. I told her I "most definately" was still interested in the position and thanked her many many times. I got so excited that I got off the phone without knowing where I was working, nor how much money I will be making. I didn't care. I had (have) a job. I immediately called Navigator who asked me "How much did they offer?"

"Um. I forgot to ask. I'll find out next week when I get my letter from HR."

Yep, I'm an idiot. I've looked at the salary schedule online, and they should offer me high 30's. I would like low 40's, but who are we kidding? I'll take whatever they offer me. high 30's is double what I made at Head Start, and I'll have many many more vacation days. If I feel the need, I can sub for Head Start on my off days. OR, I can build a sewing room in the closet of our office and a murphy bed in our guest bedroom. And I can paint the rest of the walls in the house. Yeah. I'll take option 2.

Now I have the daunting task of picking out a restaurant for my husband to take me to celebrate.

1 comment:

Waterfall said...

Yee-hi! Congratulations! Now we're both gainfully employed again. Imagine that!