Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Practicum

I've been to my practicum twice now, and I have a focus child. Things are going well. I wrote up my site description. I think it sucks because I have been to the site only twice. I'm going to ask my professor today if I can have the option to edit and re-submit my site description in two weeks when I have more time at the site. I wanted to get it in on time since I have so many other deadlines looming in the distance, I didn't want this one to bog me down as well. All of my professors have said that they will push back assignments for me since I got my practicum assignment two weeks late, but I'd rather just go along with the current deadlines. I might re-negotiate later, but for now, I'm full steam ahead.

My first presentation was yesterday. It was a group presentation on Piaget. That was fun. I learned quite a bit about the Sensory Motor stage of cognitive development. I never realized just how much an infant learns, and that only the infant can teach itself these things. It's amazing. I never liked babies that much, but because of this project, I now find them fascinating. When Navigator talks me into having one, it won't be so difficult.

I'm so far behind on my readings that I feel like there is no point to attempt to catch up. What's funny is that over the summer I kept thinking that I would have more time to do things once fall term began. I feel like I have even less time now than I did over the summer when I was working 35 hrs/week AND carrying 12 credits. I have worked 12 hours in the past two weeks. Where is all my time going?

I had some homework to do today. I thought I would have to skip yoga in order to get it all done. I finished it about an hour ago. I still don't want to go to yoga. I'm afraid I'll have to do a hand stand. I have no upper body strength. The only way to get it is by going to yoga and doing such crazy things as hand stands. When I go to yoga and do hand stands, I ache, but I feel better about myself and my ability. I also am way more relaxed. Navigator ordered me to go to yoga today because it makes me a happier person. If I can't get myself there intrinsically, I'll go by order of the husband, and I'll thank him tonight.

No comments: