Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow Day - Part II

When Navigator got home on Tuesday, we decided to shovel the walk and build a snow man. I got the camera and took a bunch of pictures. After spending 7 hours on Tri-Met, getting to play in the snow with my honey was a great reward! I was so happy he came home early!!

Navigator Shoveling snow off our front walkway


Our backyard & snowy deck

The pool
We played a game where we tried to lob snowballs over the fence & into the pool from across the parking lot. Navigator fared much better than me. I couldn't get any of mine over the fence.

We rolled snowballs down the hill and around the parking lot

Then I pushed them up the hill next to our deck.

It took both of us some time to get the second one on top of the first. They were HEAVY!!
We carefully molded the body of the snowman so that it looked nice & clean.
Navigator placed the head on the snowman...
...and we cleaned it up.

I went inside & found the proper accouterments for our man

And here we are! He towers over us!!

It turned out to be a fun day after all!!

School was cancelled on Wednesday, so I decided to go for a xc ski trip on the Fanno Creek Trail by my house. I created a trailjournal, which you can find here. Portland State is open today, but I don't have class until 4pm, so I have plenty of time to play in the snow before the rain comes and washes it away!

1 comment:

Waterfall said...

Ah, glad to see the story had a happy ending!