Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm Doing It!

I made my decision! I'm going full time!

I went to campus on Tuesday to take care of a bunch of stuff. I got my ID and Trimet Flex Pass, turned in my proof on Measles immunization, had lunch with and got a tour of campus from my MySpace friend, and headed to the School of Ed to pick up a copy of the Full Time schedule.

The summer classes are the same for FT & PT. In the fall, the PT schedule has two classes, two days a week. The FT schedule has 4 classes, M-Th, and a once a week seminar for the practicum. The seminar is the only class that starts before 4pm. There are no classes on Friday. That's pretty much how the classes run for the year. So I can work 10-20 hours per week without stressing.

I spoke w/ Navigator when I got home. I can be put on his insurance at work for no additional cost. I can sub for Head Start and the ESD while I'm in school. That way, I can decide whether or not I have the time to work, rather than have a set schedule. And in one year, I should be licensed (or awaiting TSPC to send me my license) and working for twice what I'm making now.

I wrote my advisor to tell her of my decision and ask her who I notify to make it official.

I'm really excited about this. I can't wait for school to start. Just two weeks and four days left!!

3 comments:

Waterfall said...

Woo hoo! I am very jealous! Full-time studenthood is such a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS

Belcher said...

Waterfall: I'm so excited about full-time studenthood. I can't wait! The thing I'm most excited about is the month off for Christmas!

Double I: Thanks. I will be crying on your shoulder in a few weeks when it gets to be too much...