Friday, June 16, 2006

It's Done

I told my boss today. I didn't wuss out. She reacted exactly how I thought she would. Damn her for being completely understanding. She made it that much harder on me. Yeah, I feel much better, like a weight has been lifted, but still... I feel bad. I feel like I've done something to her. I know I haven't done anything to her, that I did what I need to do for me, but because she was completely understanding and not crying, screaming, gnashing her teeth, shouting "WHY?!?!" and all that other stuff, I feel bad.

I'll get over it. I'll get over it and I'll start school and I'll forget that I ever stressed out about something as silly as this low-paying job that I am over-qualified for.

In fact, in our meeting, she even mentioned that it makes more sense to take the pay cut to go to school full time for one year, rather than stay at this pay for two years, when you can make twice this pay if you get the cut for one. Wow! It's nice to have a boss who can look at things like that. In fact, I don't think that we've ever had such a good one on one before. It was refreshing...for me, at least. For her, I think she's going home to drink a bottle of wine. I should have brought one into the meeting. Dammit, I'm so insensitive.

Now that I've gotten through the hard part, I have the following things on my list to do this weekend:
  1. Clear out my clutter.
  2. Wash laundry and put away clothing.
  3. Figure out how to get the rack on my bike to work.
  4. Purchase panniers and a combination lock for my bike.
  5. Buy my books.
  6. Clear out the clutter in Navigator's storage unit.
  7. Move the desk to the third bedroom.
  8. Create and organize a nice study area in third bedroom.
  9. Move the wedding gifts from the shed to Navigator's storage unit.
  10. Finish writing thank-you notes for wedding gifts.

In addition to this, we are meeting with a realtor tomorrow morning to look at some condos (the big question is has my husband called the mortgage guy? hmmm.....) on Saturday. On Sunday, Double I is coming over to test some backpacking recipes with me. I also want to go to the Beaverton Farmer's Market, Costco & the library. How will I fit it all in? Why can't we have three day weekends every week? Oh wait! When I start school in the fall, I WILL have three day weekends every week!

No comments: