Friday, June 02, 2006

Organization

Yesterday I decided to organize my grad school stuff. I bought a bunch of 1" 3-ring binders at Costco and some sheet protectors. So far, I've created three binders:
  1. GSE Handbook - This is where the Graduate School of Education Handbook will be held. Whenever changes are made, I will switch out the pages and add what needs to be added.
  2. Licensing Requirements - This is where I will keep everything I need to submit to the TSPC for my license.
  3. PSU Information - This is my catch-all for things that I haven't filed somewhere else yet, as well as maps of the school, my schedules, tuition/payment information and what-not.

I created cool covers with clip-art icons for each one. I think I'll do the same for all my classes as well. I'm going to be a total nerd. Oh wait, I AM a total nerd. People will be jealous. Of this I am certain.

Yesterday, I sent my advisor an e-mail asking about the possiblity of switching to full-time. I don't know if I really want to, but I would like the option. I haven't heard back from her. I just realized today that in the e-mail I addressed her by her first name, rather than by her title. I hope she didn't get offended. I feel like a total shmuck.

3 comments:

Waterfall said...

Don't worry, I don't think you're a nerd. OK, I do think you're a nerd. But it's OK. I think nerds are cool.

I also think binder-shopping and binder-decorating are two of the most exciting activities in the world. In fact, I'm going binder-shopping tonight and I've been looking forward to it for three days.

I went part-time for two years before doing my final year full-time. Part-time was a lot cheaper in the long fun, even though I had an assistantship when I was full time.

You called your advisor by her first name? You schmuck.

Waterfall said...

Oops! Freudian slip! I meant that part-time was cheaper in the long RUN, not the long FUN!

Belcher said...

Waterfall: I had been planning on binder shopping for about a week before I made it to the store. I never knew I could get so giddy over such things!