Friday, June 16, 2006

Telling the Boss

Today is my one on one with my boss. I'm going to break the news to her. I had coffee with our Disabilities Services Coordinator on Tuesday, and she suggested it would be best for me to break the news now rather than wait. It makes sense. After all, I've been telling my boss that I'm not leaving even though I'm going to grad school. If I wait until the end of August to tell her, she's going to think I was lying to her the entire time. If I tell her now, I am being honest and letting her know as things come up. This will keep her on my good side and she'll be more likely to keep me on the payroll as a sub. It will also give them ample time to find someone worthy to replace me. :)

The only thing I'm concerned about is that they'll replace me before I want to be replaced. If they do that, I'll have to quit outright and find a different job. If they do that, I'll have to inform all my parents and have them make a big stink. If they do that, I'll have to contact HR and make a big stink. I guess I'm not afraid of that now.

My meeting with her is in 1 1/2 hours. I have to start practicing my speech. I'm nervous. I don't know why. I don't want to work here in this position anymore, but I still feel bad. I shouldn't. Navigator's secretary makes more than double what I make. There is another teacher in my center who has 5 years less experience than me and she makes 10 cents more an hour. I've been screwed ever since I started working here. I need to look out for me. I never look out for me, I'm such a silly bleeding heart. Not anymore. I'm going to march into her office and say "I'm sick and tired and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

I just hope I don't wuss out.

No comments: